Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DISC

Two letters depict my leadership/management style.  I’m an S with a base C, what does this spell out? According to the Personal Profile System leaders of this type are consistent, detail oriented, analytical and accurate. This test hits the nail on the head; it depicts my style to a “T”. I was surprised at the end of the test because during the test I thought that some of the words in the same category were my personal type.  I certainly don’t wish I was another style because I am who I am and I am satisfied with my characteristics. Each style does have their setbacks and advantage to leading so changing to another group will be incomplete, what I wish I can be is diversified. Each situation is unique in its own way so having a broad spectrum of leadership characteristics allows an individual to be flexible.
I believe that these types are not caved in stone and that if your one type you can change, again I would say that you have to be adaptable; in that depending on the situation you turn off and on certain switches. It is indeed helpful to understand people types so you recognize how they look at problems and situation. Understanding someone personal profile permits another to effectively communicate and hence be more effective.  The Personal Profile can be replicated in personal life because the workplace is just an extension of our homes, we interact with people, we work together, we have goals and objectives, and we have groups.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that people have to be adaptable, however I do think that a person does have a base personality that will always come through eventually. Also, I get your point about how understanding someones personal profile will lead to more effective relationships. I was a totally different type that you; type D. I thought that my test was accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that while it is possible to be adaptable and work on some kinks but in the end you won't be able to change who you are...not that easily anyway. This test definitely helps us to better understand ourselves and the people who we work with in our groups. after this test, you could really see that most of what the test depicts of each category is almost right on the dot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree that you could adopt different styles, Its not easy but it takes time and you have to see things from another view. That is also very difficult to do but as I do grow I think there are things that could possibly change.

    ReplyDelete